A soundbar is a type of speaker which can produce more dynamic sounds and replicate a comparatively much better audio quality. This means it can increase the audio levels on your regular movie night off the charts.
A Roku TV is a device on which you can stream unlimited movies and shows. It enhances your home theater experience and gives you unlimited access to movies and songs.
You can bring an upgrade to this experience by configuring a soundbar with the TV and enhance your audio experience.
Now, it might look a bit complicated to connect a soundbar with your Roku TV, but you can take my word for it; the process is not that hard. Just go through his article to know how easily you can connect a soundbar to your Roku TV.
How to connect?
You can use 2 different methods; via a wireless or wired connection to connect your soundbar with your Roku TV.
Connection via HDMI:
- Connect your soundbar to your Roku TV using an HDMI cable.
- Turn on your soundbar.
- Now turn on your Roku TV.
- In the main menu of Roku TV, open the settings.
- Go to system settings.
- Go to the option of Control other devices (CEC) section.
- Now you’ll need to enable the ARC (HDMI 3) option by ticking its box.
- Next, do the same settings for System audio control.
- With that done, return to the Home menu.
After you’ve performed all the steps mentioned above, you should be able to hear the sound from your Roku TV coming directly through your soundbar. And you’ll be able to control the sound bar’s volume with your remote. Please keep in mind that your Roku TV’s speakers will remain silent as long as your soundbar is active.
Connection via Bluetooth:
- The first thing you need to do is get yourself a Bluetooth receiver if your device is not capable of Bluetooth connectivity. The Bluetooth receiver comes with an AUX cable, so you connect it either with your TV and soundbar with Bluetooth or vice versa.
- Turn on Bluetooth connectivity on the device.
- Connect the Bluetooth receiver with your soundbar.
- Go to settings and turn on Bluetooth connectivity.
- Select your device’s name and connect to it.
After you’ve performed all the steps mentioned above, you should be able to hear the sound from your Roku TV coming directly through your soundbar. And you’ll be able to control the soundbars volume with your remote.
Same connectivity can also be established over WIFI. But for this, your devices should latest with Wi-Fi availability. Please keep in mind that your Roku TV’s speakers will remain silent as long as your soundbar is active.
After the two devices are paired up physically with an HDMI cable, you need to ensure that this connection will work for your intended purposes. So for that, make sure that your settings are adjusted just as you want them.
You will likely find that your TV has a standard audio option- most often for the TV general speakers. Instead of this being the preferred option, you will want to select your Soundbar as the preferred option.
Now, your Roku TV should both recognize the device as well as prefer it for the standard speaker option. The soundbar should also be on the desired speaker option. You may begin streaming your media and celebrating your victory in a stable connection.
Fortunately, most Roku TVs will support an HDMI cable. Keep in mind that HDMI transmits the best audio-video signals. But, if you are looking for connecting your Soundbar in a way that you don’t have to tangle with wires, you can use a Bluetooth connection.
Now you have read the article, you can easily connect your Roku TV with a soundbar. Your soundbar will turn on with the Roku TV now. Whether your Soundbar is connected via HDMI ARC cable or Bluetooth you can stream unlimited movies at your home theater.